Find your next opportunity.
Senior Software Engineer (Java, AWS, APIs)
5900 Windward Parkway , Suite 250 Alpharetta, GA 30005 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Work Location: Hybrid in Alpharetta, GA 30005 (at least 2 days a week onsite. When need arises, it could be 3 days)
We are on the hunt for a skilled Senior Software Engineer (Java, APIs, AWS Cloud) for our Alpharetta client. The person we are looking for is skilled in Java, AWS & AWS Lambda, APIs, and Microservices.
This person will join our client’s development team of 7 that is responsible for developing, building, and strengthening their core AWS services. In this role, you will work in an agile environment and be involved in Lambda, API, and Microservices development.
This is a fantastic permanent, direct-hire (FTE) position with our client, that offers strong, healthy work-life balance, growth & advancement, and the ability to learn new things & thrive. They are truly a fun & collaborative place to work. This comes with a competitive salary, an Annual Bonus, full benefits (multiple medical options, dental, vision, life & disability), generous PTO, and 401k w/ company match.
This is a Hybrid role, so this person will work 2 days onsite per week (sometimes it may be 3 days when the need arises).
What you will be expected to do:
The Senior Software Engineer will help in developing, building, and strengthening the company’s core AWS services. The person will work in an agile environment and be involved in Lambda, API, and Microservices development.
- Actively participate in requirements gathering sessions and be able to translate business needs into proper solutions.
- Engage in technical evaluations, solution, and design approaches discussions.
- Design, build, test and deploy highly scalable, high volume RESTful Web Services & APIs.
- Participate in code reviews and mentor less experienced team members using best practices.
- Be a strong team player and individual contributor with a go getter attitude.
- Responsible for helping the team in achieving priorities, goals, and business strategies.
- Ensures that development activities are on a path to deliver benefits realization.
- Ensures collaboration with key functional partners in the implementation of initiatives.
- Readily recognizes solution and determines at what point issues require escalation to management.
What you need to have:
- 5+ years of experience in Java development.
- 5+ years of RESTful API development experience. Java API development.
- High volume services experience.
- 3+ years of cloud native development experience.
- AWS Lambdas experience; can be Python or Node (thorough understanding of the dynamics of building applications involving Lambdas).
- Experience with using tools and implementing integrations via API Gateway.
- 2+ years of experience building highly scalable enterprise applications using Microservices.
- In depth, practical experience with Cloud methodologies (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), automation, orchestration, trends, and industry-leading cloud vendor offerings
- Experience in using various AWS tools and services in development SQS, IAM, S3, RDS, KMS, Route 53, Lambda, Kinesis, ECS and API Gateway to name a few.
Bonus Points for:
- API Security experience.
- Experience building cloud first services with AWS, secondarily with Google or Azure
- DevOps. Experience in building CI/CD pipeline automation in tools like Jenkins with scripting languages such as Groovy, Ruby, or Python. Experience with Docker or similar container orchestration services.
- APM experience, such as New Relic.
- Highly adaptable with programming language agnostic nature and experienced in using multiple programming languages including, but not limited to Node, TypeScript, Java, and Python.
A reasonable estimate of the Base Salary range for this role is $130,000 to $135,000 per year. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.