Find your next opportunity.
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
5900 Windward Parkway , Suite 250 Alpharetta, GA 30005 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Our client is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (Data Testing) to be responsible for testing the Financial pillar of the Product through Database/SQL testing and manual and automation testing of APIs/UI. In this role, you will partner with other engineers to write testing code concurrently with product development.
- You should be hands-on and comfortable in an Agile environment.
- Writing code to test and validate the business logic encoded in the database SQL code and other code repositories.
- Building an automated test framework within a CICD environment integrating test results into the workflows.
- Write test cases from scratch and build functional tests to ensure quality meets standards.
- Test back-end API interfaces for the financial platform.
- Build tools that help developers be more productive, write better code and test it themselves.
- Work with the project team to drive Data Driven Development and Test-Driven Development where modules that are being worked on are tested right away for immediate feedback
- Provide a risk assessment on the defects identified and set the correct priority and severity.
- Perform ad-hoc/exploratory tests from a feature as well as regression testing.
- Define the scope and procedures for quality engineering of the application, including the development and maintenance of automated test scripts.
- Understanding of how API-driven applications work and interact with other API or microservices environments.
- Work with other teams/departments to ensure smooth Automation delivery during entire lifecycle.
- Participate in Scrum meetings, Automation demos and ensure accurate and timely status updates to application team.
- 2-5 years of experience in full-stack SDET test automation
- Strong SQL background – Data Validity testing/ Data Integrity Testing/ Data format testing.
- The candidate should be able to validate the database code to some degree to make sure the business logic has been coded as per the requirements and stage data to test them.
- Work in an Agile Software Delivery methodology highly focused on developing automated tests.
- Experience writing test cases and building & implementing test automation frameworks from scratch.
- Proven test automation ability in CI/CD context for Microservices, Web, Mobile (iOS & Android) & Cloud platforms.
- Proficient with agile tools like Jira, Bitbucket or similar.
Job Requisition #37030
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $95,000 - $100,000 per year.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.