Find your next opportunity.
Software Systems Engineer Specialist
5570 HOG ISLAND RD Surry, VA 23883 US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Software Systems Engineer Specialist in Surry, VA. This is a 12-month contract opportunity with the possibility for extension or to go permanent with our client.
Windows Server 2012 Migrations, OSI Pi Server Project, Reviews design change documentation for the upgrade of our Plant Computer System (PCS) to a new version. Nuclear power plant, plant process computer, and software engineering experience preferred.
- Develops software functional requirements. reviews software functional specifications, reviews and execute software test procedures.
- Exhibits strong analytical abilities and aptitude for understanding and applying software technical concepts.
- Ability to interface with various departments, vendors, internal and external customer groups.
- Software functional specification documentation
- Software testing
- Communications skills, verbal and written.
- Westinghouse Ovation
- OSI Pi
- Attention to detail
- Nuclear Power Plant experience preferred but not required.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities, as well as experience desired in operating systems include: Unix: Sun Solaris, HPUX, Linux, Connectivity/middleware: TCP/IP, MQ Series, IBM DataJoiner, Security Skills, IT ServiceNow.
Job Requisition # 37656
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $54.95 - $59.95 per hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.