Find your next opportunity.
Sr Software Developer - Back End Lead
8537 Six Forks Rd Raleigh, NC 27615 US
Are you an experienced Sr. Software Developer - Back End Lead? If so, let’s talk!
Our client is actively seeking a talented Sr. Software Developer - Back End Lead located in Raleigh, NC. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity with our client. Must be an US citizen and be able to obtain a Secret security clearance.
Our client in Raleigh, NC is seeking a Lead Back-end Software Developer for a physics-based computational system deployed on AWS Gov Cloud. You will be a core member of the program team by leading our back-end development efforts for this vital cloud service in use by the Department of Defense. To be successful, you must have a solid understanding of Kotlin, Java or another significant programming language including API development at the enterprise level. Experience leading large scale development efforts is a requirement to include mentoring junior members of the development team. Also, you must be passionate about participating in all stages of the software development lifecycle and contributing to the broader organization.
As a valued contributor to our development team, your responsibilities will include (1) leading the back-end development efforts for the program, (2) working with other development leads in defining the overall software architecture of the service, (3) developing the back-end solution for a computational environment for defense systems to include integration activities, (4) contributing to decision-making on our development environment with an understanding of how decisions influence each other and (5) mentoring and growing junior members of the development team.
Your day-to-day tasks will include planning and executing the development of back-end services that will be consumed by multiple environments via APIs. In addition, activities for the role include:
- Lead the back-end development effort ensuring that the direction aligns to the overall vision of the Department of Defense for the program.
- Working directly with the broader development team (e.g., front-end and DevSecOps teams) in defining an overall architecture that brings together all facets of the service and program.
- Collaborate with our customers, colleagues, and other teams in defining and developing an integrated solution.
- Contribute to our high-engineering standards on the team through quality code and process consistency.
- Define the overall strategy for back-end development and associated services for the program.
- Must be an US citizen and be able to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- BS in Computer Science with 10-12 years of relevant work experience or 13-15 equivalent practical experience in lieu of a degree.
- Experience developing enterprise solutions with Kotlin, Java or another significant back-end language.
- Experience with API development using GraphQL, Java or other enterprise level solutions.
- Experience with automated testing, both in your development workflow and through CI/CD.
- Experience as lead developer on an enterprise-level program.
- True problem solver with a drive to find solutions to technical challenges.
- Experience mentoring junior technical members.
- Experience working with Docker containers and associated management services (i.e., Kubernetes).
- Experience using GitLab and associated services.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience deploying and integrating Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) software into a cloud environment.
- Experience working on US Government programs.