Find your next opportunity.
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
5995 Rogerdale Road Houston, TX 77072 US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Sr. Mechanical Engineer located in Houston, TX. This is a 12-month contract opportunity with a possibility to extend with our client.
This position is an onsite opportunity.
We are seeking a highly experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer with a minimum of 15 years of proven expertise in the Oil & Gas industry, specifically in refinery projects, and a strong focus on stationary equipment design. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and overseeing various aspects of the Front-End Engineering Design (FEED) phase and project execution for mega Refinery upgrade.
- Project Leadership: As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will take a leading role in the FEED phase of refinery projects. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including process engineers, civil engineers, and project managers, to ensure successful project planning, design, and execution. Also, managing designer reviews and represent the client in reviews and workshop.
- Stationary Equipment Design: Your primary responsibility will be reviewing design packages and overseeing the stationary equipment required for refinery operations. This includes but is not limited to pressure vessels, heat exchangers, storage tanks, boilers, piping, and other critical static equipment.
- Compliance and Safety: Ensure that all designs and engineering solutions adhere to relevant industry codes, standards, and safety regulations. Identify potential safety risks and implement necessary precautions to mitigate them effectively.
- Technical Expertise: Utilize your extensive knowledge and experience in refinery processes and stationary equipment to provide technical guidance and resolve complex engineering challenges. Review and approve technical documents, drawings, and specifications in compliance with international standard and Saudi Aramco standard and procedures.
- Cost Control and Budgeting: Collaborate with the project management team to develop cost effective solutions for the mechanical scope of work. Monitor expenses and propose cost-saving measures without compromising safety and quality.
- Vendor Management: Coordinate with equipment manufacturers and vendors to select the most suitable stationary equipment for refinery projects. Evaluate vendor proposals, conduct technical bid evaluations, and make informed recommendations.
- Mentoring and Development: Provide mentorship and guidance to junior mechanical engineers within the team, fostering their professional growth and enhancing the overall expertise of the group.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering.
- Minimum of 15 years of hands-on experience in mechanical engineering roles within the Oil & Gas industry, with a specific focus on refinery projects and stationary equipment design.
- Strong expertise in the Front-End Engineering Design (FEED) phase and project execution.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant industry standards such as ASME, API, and ASTM, as well as applicable safety regulations.
- Proficient in engineering software and tools commonly used for design, analysis, and project management.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, capable of effectively collaborating with multidisciplinary teams.
- In-depth knowledge of rotating equipment principles, design considerations, and maintenance practices.
- Proficiency in vibration analysis, failure analysis techniques, and reliability engineering.
- Strong understanding of mechanical design principles, including stress analysis, fluid dynamics, and thermodynamics.
- Master's degree.
Job Requisition # 37941
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $80 - $135 per hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees