Find your next opportunity.
Sr. Project Engineer / Process Engineer
1200 Smith Street Two Allen Center , Ref: Agreement # A-0288-2021 Houston, TX 77002 US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Sr. Project Engineer / Process Engineer located in Houston, TX. This is a 1-year contract opportunity with the possibility for extension.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Project Engineer who is specialized in Petrochemicals to join our Project Management team (PMT). Saudi Aramco Project Management Teams are responsible and accountable for the delivery of best in class capital projects. PMT is directly involved in executing and managing assigned projects safely, on schedule, within budget and to the highest standards of integrity and compliance. This will involve engineering design, procurement and construction of various sizes ($), types and complexity of small, medium to multi-billion-dollar mega projects.
Project Management Team manages and executes projects usually from multiple site offices or engineering contractor design offices.
The primary role is to lead and manage a unit in charge of executing capital projects. Ensure that engineering design, procurement, construction and project completion is done in compliance with the project objective and contractual requirements i.e. project schedule, cost, HSE, company standards and procedures. Senior Project Engineer role also involves managing the business aspects of the unit consisting but not limited to HR, training, cost control, schedule control, cybersecurity requirements and manpower planning.
- Provide expert advice and assistance to design, construction, and maintenance engineers and operating personnel on all matters pertaining to his/her field of experience
- Act as Client's representative in dealings with vendors and manufacturers pertaining to his/her field of experience
- Review existing operations within a particular area of expertise to determine potential problems and remedies to existing problems
- Undertake studies and investigations to resolve problems outside the scope of available published literature
- Plan, schedule and provide work direction when required for preparation of studies, designs, processes, reports, correspondence and related data and assures the efficiency, adequacy and conformance to overall objectives of all phases of complex engineering problems
- Formulate the basis for the resolution of problems in any of several basic or special engineering disciplines by analyzing and evaluating all pertinent data with respect to scope, effect on existing installations, economic impact and other applicable considerations
- Initiate detailed work outline and makes decisions as to basic approaches, processes, or equipment; perform work for final development of specialized or technical proposals and proposed projects
- Bring all elements of a project together, makes certain that all elements proceed satisfactorily on schedule and initiates corrective action as required
- Discuss, coordinate and resolve problems with personnel throughout ASC, Saudi Aramco and affiliates, and with outside company organizations
- Conduct seminars in the resolution of technical problems with personnel in Project Management, Construction, Operations, and Mechanical Services Organizations
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- B.S. in Engineering and a higher degree is preferred.
- 20 years of experience in the project management field related to refining and petrochemical industries with a specialty in Petrochemicals, such that the incumbent is clearly recognized as an expert in this field.
- Seven years of experience as a Senior Project Engineer of projects in design, construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning, startup, and operation with values ranging from $100MM to $billion.
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written) and no second language is required.
- Must have Engineering Design & Construction phase experience with a thorough knowledge of engineering practices and economic principles in the applicable International Codes, Standards and Specifications.
- Have a mastery understanding of international procedures of Projects Phases, Engineering Phases, Bidding procedures, Procurement Processes, Construction Requirements and up to date Best Practices. In addition, be familiar with Saudi Aramco procedures and standards.
- Have a mastery understanding of contract documents (inclusive of appendices, drawings and specifications), project execution plan, interface management, change management, construction sequencing, standards specifications and project schedule to support project manager and/or company representative in timely completion of projects.
- Have a mastery understanding of scheduling principles and recovery methods.
- Have a mastery understanding of cashflow distribution in projects.
- Have a mastery understanding of resource planning and distribution.
- Have a mastery understanding of crisis management and ability to calmly manage project issues.
- Dynamic attitude towards project improvements and savings
- Flexible to work in multinational teams and mobilize to different locations including remote areas as needed.
Job Requisition # 37889
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $80.00 - $95.00 per hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.