Find your next opportunity.
Staff Systems Analyst (ISSO)
5425 Hollister Ave #220 Santa Barbara, CA 93111 US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Staff Systems Analyst (ISSO) to work with a team located in Santa Barbara, CA. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity with our client.
For this position, we will only consider applicants with an active or prior SECRET Security Clearance or higher. The applicant must be a United States citizen and have or qualify for a Top-Secret Security Clearance.
Our Client has an immediate need for an Early to Mid-Level IT Professional to serve as a Staff Systems Analyst (ISSO) for the Algorithms, Modeling and Assessments (AMA) division in Santa Barbara, CA. The qualified candidate will have 2 - 4 years of previous related experience as a Staff Systems Analyst. The candidate will support multiple programs and will coordinate with the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) for these Information Systems to ensure the Risk Management Framework (RMF) requirements are implemented, functional, and kept up to date according to System Security Plans, 32 CFR Part 117 of the NISPOM, DCSA Assessment and Authorization Process Manual (DAAPM), and applicable NIST Publications.
- In this position, the ISSO will audit, manage, and maintain systems that adhere to government regulations.
- Ensure information systems continue to meet compliance requirements.
- Perform required periodic assessments of existing security controls that protect information systems.
- Ensure user activity monitoring data is analyzed, stored, and protected in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Maintain a working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures.
- Monitor all available resources that provide warnings of system vulnerabilities or ongoing attacks and reporting them as necessary.
- Ensure audit records are collected, recorded, and analyzed in accordance with the System Security Plan (SSP).
- Ensure configuration management policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and procedures as outlined in the SSP.
- Ensure all proper account management documentation is completed.
- Verify all IS security-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals.
- Support the secure maintenance and continuous monitoring programs.
- Report required corrective actions for all identified findings and vulnerabilities to the ISSM.
- Support the ISSM, the System and Network Administrator with the implementation, configuration and maintenance of security controls, the installation of security updates, and the installation, removal, upgrade, and replacement of software or hardware.
- Provide technical support to end users as needed.
- Perform and assist end users with file transfers per the Assured File Transfer (AFT) procedure.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with the 32 CFR Part 117 of the NISPOM, DAAPM, Department of Defense (DoD) regulations, and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Assist the ISSM with implementing, auditing physical and technical security controls to protect the information systems and perform the continuous monitoring requirements of information systems in a secure government environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the ISSM.
- U.S. Citizen with eligibility to obtain a DoD Top Secret security clearance based on a Tier 5 investigation.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field with 2-4 years of relevant experience, an Associate’s Degree with 4-8 years of relevant experience, or a High School Diploma with 8-10 years of relevant experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of Linux/Unix, Windows Server management, networking, a strong understanding of computer operating systems (Windows and Linux), software and computer hardware.
- Experience in implementing, maintaining, and auditing security controls on information systems in a secure government environment.
- Ability to configure laptop/desktops/servers, install applications, and troubleshoot as required.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a DoD 8570 IAT Level I professional certification (i.e. Security+).
- Ability to lift and move computer equipment including workstations, servers, printers, scanners, monitors, etc.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Highest degree of personal and professional integrity and ethics.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, administrative, writing, and verbal skills in order to communicate with all levels of staff and customer.
- Self-directed, detail-oriented, problem solver with the ability to learn new systems and procedures quickly.
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, and adhere to a high level of confidentiality.
- Possess the ability to multitask, prioritize workload, and be flexible.
- Current Top Secret or higher-level security clearance.
- Experience with the 32 CFR Part 117 of the NISPOM and the Department of Defense Directives 5200.01, Volumes 1-4.
- Proficient in Information Assurance Security specifications such as RMF and NIST SP 800-53.
- Experience with security assessment and hardening tools, i.e., STIGs, SCAP, ACAS, etc.
- Trained and proficient in Assured File Transfer (AFT) procedures.
- Knowledge of Servers, Networking, Routing, Firewalls, Switches, RMF, and the ATO process.
Job Requisition # 37930
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $90,000 - $95,000 per year.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.