Find your next opportunity.
Survey Data Tech (Transportation Design)
12265 W Bayaud Ave. Suite 130 Lakewood, CO 80228 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Survey Data Tech (Transportation Design) to work a hybrid schedule in either Lakewood, CO or Lafayette, CO. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity with our client.
The Survey Data Tech / OpenRoads Designer (Transportation Design) will execute technically complex land surveying assignments. The Survey Technician will also review survey maps and documents to assess technical accuracy and compliance with local, state, and federal property laws and tax regulations.
- Use critical thinking and problem-solving skills to start and complete projects with limited supervision. May manage multiple projects at one time.
- Interact professionally with internal and external clients.
- Convert all applicable data into electronically generated drawings and project documents with accuracy, neatness, and speed.
- Perform boundary analysis from data collected in the field.
- Read and understand client requests, municipal / jurisdictional standards and specifications, other project related documents and ensure they are adhered to.
- Perform research of county, city and other sources of record information on easements, deeds and other pertinent information, and utilize to prepare working sketches for field crews.
- Utilize Trimble Business Center software to process field crew data and produce files for import into AutoCAD.
- Use field crew data files (points), field sketches, photos and reference maps to create survey base drawings.
- Utilize AutoCAD and Bentley Microstation OpenRoads Designer software to produce detailed subdivision maps, ALTA surveys, topographic surveys, and other various survey related maps or exhibits.
- Prepare legal descriptions and exhibits for right of way, easements, acquisition parcels, etc.
- Perform QA/QC procedures on work prepared by themselves and others.
- Submit subdivision plats to various municipal / jurisdictional agencies for review. (Civil)
- Communicate between PM and Field Crew to insure work is complete and meets quality expectations.
- Communicate with other employees regarding project schedules.
- Mentor less experienced Survey Techs and Drafters
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of mathematics used in field survey analysis.
- Thorough knowledge of ALTA Land Title Surveys, topographic surveys, boundary surveys, residential and commercial construction stakeout procedures and practices.
- Working knowledge of Auto CAD.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read and interpret a variety of maps, title reports, and legal descriptions.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software used to draft reports and letters.
Job Requisition # 37845
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $75,000 - $85,000 per year.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.