Find your next opportunity.
Survey PM / PLS (GA)
299 S Main St Ste A Alpharetta, GA 30009 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Survey PM/PLS to work with a team located in Buford, GA. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity with our client.
The PLS / Survey Project Manager supports the day-to-day operations of multiple projects. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, eager to learn, and shows initiative. Amazing communication skills are a must as you will be working in highly collaborative team environment.
- Collaborate and lead a team responsible for drafting, reviewing, and finalizing preliminary and final site plans and construction documents.
- Review project survey data utilizing the latest technology and industry software
- Analyze existing site conditions and factors to consider for development including but not limited to legal descriptions, ALTA surveys, easement documents, and condo documents.
- Provide construction-related services and guide junior team members to complete items such as permit applications, cut sheets, quantity estimates, and transmittals; organize site plans, construction plans, construction sheet set-up and assembly and other related construction documents.
- Utilize Carlson Survey and related software packages to complete assignments on time and within prescribed standards and budgets.
- As a subject matter expert and mentor, you will assist with your staff's new hire training plan, career planning, and continuous professional development
- Supervise field surveys, prepare and certify survey plats, including right of way, easement and property surveys.
- Read, interpret and prepare metes and bounds descriptions.
- Performs and interprets property research, including deeds, records of surveys, parcel maps, property descriptions as well as historical plats, plans and survey notes.
- Operates and supervises others using surveying instrumentation and software, including levels, transits, total stations, electronic distance measuring devices, Global Positioning System survey equipment and AutoCAD. Make complex survey calculations to derive data.
- Provides technical advice and supervision to daily field activities and assists in the timely completion of assigned projects.
- Works with project engineers to determine desired survey product and selects proper surveying techniques and equipment to accomplish the task.
- Will assist the Department Head in preparing proposals, estimates, presentations, employee evaluations, and the recruiting process.
- Participate in pre-survey planning meetings with project managers, resident engineers, and contractor representatives.
- PLS Certification
- 5+ plus years of industry-related work experience
- Ability to coach, mentor, and develop a growing team
- Proficiency in CAD, Least Squares Reduction and other Survey Software
- Experience with Robotic Total Stations, GPS (including post-processing).
- Experience with scanners, drones, and other emerging technologies is desirable
- Experience on ALTA, database, large boundaries, stream, topographical, inventories, and others
Job Requisition # 37952
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $120,000 - $140,000 per year.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.