Find your next opportunity.
Technical Support Tier 2
2850 Premiere Parkway, Suite 100 Duluth, GA 30097 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Are you an experienced Technical Support Tier 2? If so, let’s talk!
Our client is actively seeking a talented Technical Support Tier 2 to work a hybrid schedule in Duluth, GA. This is a 5-month contract to hire opportunity with our client.
The Technical Support Engineer (TSE) is a critical part of the Customer Care team, responsible for technical and application support for all integrated solutions used on campuses across the country, including colleges, school districts, businesses and healthcare facilities providing services across the continuum of care ensuring our customer receive an exceptional level of service and that their issues are resolved quickly. The TSE is responsible for support, analysis and troubleshooting to resolve issues via phone, email, direct consultation, and occasional travel and must ensure prompt, courteous, and profession service to our customers via effective communication, timely follow-up, demonstrated technical expertise and adherence to our department best practices and standards. The TSE serves as the primary liaison between the customer and our client.
- Manage and resolve support cases by providing technical assistance on our client’s solutions to customers via phone, email and/or remote access, and other appropriate channels.
- Troubleshoot technical issues to establish root cause of problems and form a solution or workaround across a range of environments
- Reproduce customer issues and if necessary, file bug reports, escalate cases to development and provide necessary documentation
- Document customer interactions, support cases and problem diagnostics accurately and thoroughly via the case management system, keeping all stakeholders abreast of case management and resolution.
- Take ownership of solving problems, but also have a clear understanding of when a problem requires escalation, dispatch, and teamwork.
- Coordinate across numerous departments while driving to resolution.
- Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about our client’s products and services.
- Maintain a basic understating of the organization’s products, staying current with system information, process/policy changes and relevant update and take ownership for identifying improvements.
- Contribute to company knowledge and training content.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills while working with customers and internal team members.
- Maintain a high level of accountability and professionalism over customer issues, while striving to exceed service level standards.
- Work effectively and manage your queue with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate flexibility in being able to handle interruptions well, prioritize work appropriately, and transition between tasks with ease.
- Cover nights and weekends on a rotating basis to ensure consistent customer experience.
- A college degree in Computer Science (or related fields), Information Technology (or related fields), or equivalent experience is preferred
- 2+ year of relevant work experience supporting customers in a technical environment is preferred
- Strong logical problem-solving abilities, exceptional communication skills, and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Fundamental understanding Windows, PCs, SQL, client/server, networking (including use of applications such as Wireshark), OS platforms, databases, telephony, and software application.
- General understanding of major RDBMS with emphasis on Oracle, MS SQL, and Sybase an SQL-based database.
- Strong customer service skills with knowledge of customer service principles and practices with previous customer experience.
- A positive, professional, and solution-oriented outlook on the role.
- XML and API desired, but not required.
- SaaS model and applications a plus.
Job Requisition #37167
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $20.65 - $25.65 per hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.