Find your next opportunity.
Test Engineer III
5570 HOG ISLAND RD Surry, VA 23883 US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Test Engineer III in Surry, VA. This is a 12-month contract opportunity with the possibility for extension or to go permanent with our client.
An Instrumentation and Control (I&C)/Electrical Test Engineer is needed to support the major Digital modernization program for the Virginia nuclear power fleet. The Digital I&C project is a 10+ year effort as part of Subsequent License Renewal (SLR) to upgrade safety and non-safety-related analog systems to digital and transform the main control room to flat panel displays and controls.
- Obtain company Test Engineering Qualifications
- Work with application specific engineering team to gain understanding for different system functions and system requirements
- Review and Approve Software-in-loop test plans developed by equipment vendor
- Review and Approve Factory acceptance test plans developed by equipment vendor
- Review and gain a thorough understanding of Application requirements as driven by design specifications, regulatory requirements, and software/hardware requirements assisted by the requirements lead engineer
- Development of Site Acceptance Test Plans
- Development of Site Acceptance Test Procedures with detailed test instructions based on the Test Plan’s strategy
- Development of Post Design Change Test Plans using detailed analysis, research, and design reviews including plant walkdowns, interaction with Operations, and the implementing department(s)
- Development of Post Design Change Test Procedures
- Support and represent the owner for execution of Software-in-loop testing at vendor facility
- Support and represent the owner for execution of Factory Acceptance testing at vendor facility
- Lead the execution of Site Acceptance testing
- Support the owner for installation of the new digital equipment
- Lead the execution of the post-installation testing to operations turnover
- Ability to report activity status and communicate with all levels of owner/leadership
- Perform Hand over Hand Installation wire verifications
- Perform Voltage checks utilizing Multi-Meter
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in a Science or Technology Field or in Computer Science or Engineering
- Demonstrated related experience may be substituted for preferred education
- 5+ years of relevant engineering experience
- Basic knowledge of engineering theories and principles;
- Hardware and software I&C test experience;
- Strong oral and written communication skills (includes technical writing);
- Strong personal computer skills;
- Ability to think analytically and solve complex problems;
- Ability to work independently to perform complex circuit analysis on new and existing equipment and control systems
- Ability to interpret codes, regulations and practices;
- Equally effective working independently or in team environment;
- Proven decision making skills;
- Ability to process information quickly and effectively manage multiple tasks;
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability and Comfortable use of a Multi-Meter to diagnose and troubleshoot electrical circuits using station and vendor drawings
- Willing to perform hands on work in low voltage circuits including and up to 480VAC and 135VDC and hydro tests on piping systems up to 4200 psig.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to lead, collaborate, or work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
- Commercial Nuclear Industry Exerience
- Preferred experience with Ovation or Emerson hardware and control builder software;
- Preferred current knowledge of nuclear testing practices and principles;
- Preferred College/University degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering;
- Preferred active or prior Nuclear Test Engineering Qualifications at an operating nuclear power facility
- Preferred experience serving a dedicated role on a project team
Job Requisition # 37593
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $72.42 - $77.42 per hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.