Find your next opportunity.
12701 Whitewater Dr Minnetonka, MN 55343 US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Transmission Engineer located in either PA, MN, FL, or NY. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity with our client.
Job Overview: #LI-KL1
Our client is seeking a Senior Transmission Engineer to join our team. The Senior Engineer will be a part of the electric transmission design team and will be responsible for the engineering and design of multiple projects ranging from small “quick turn-around” to large complex transmission lines. This position provides the opportunity to directly apply your knowledge of transmission lines to engineer and design transmission projects ranging from 34.5kV to 500kV. As a Senior Engineer, you will apply NESC, NEC, ASCE, and other applicable standards in the engineering design and will independently perform engineering analyses, plans, and specifications, as well as material procurement and construction documents, and work with project planning, environmental, permitting, and construction management. Our client has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients.
- Performs all aspects of the design of high voltage overhead transmission line projects including but not limited to: Line routing, Structure spotting, Structural analysis and design, Foundation design, Hardware selection, Conductor and shield wire selection, Material specifications, and technical support during construction,
- Plans and designs overhead transmission lines, including right-of-way requirements, structure spotting, line configurations, hardware requirements, structure alternatives, and foundation options.
- Develop technical specifications, prepare bid documents, and assist clients with bid and evaluation processes, including structure procurement and construction services.
- Prepare and review design documents for construction, including plan & profiles, structure load tree drawings, structure framing, bill of materials, and foundations design drawings.
- Demonstrates ability to understand and interpret geotechnical reports and extrapolate information needed for foundation design software including L-PILE and MFAD.
- Leverages experience by mentoring and training lower-level professionals including top graduates entering the field of the transmission line design.
- Reviews lower-level engineering work or assignments.
- Keenly focused on the production of high-quality work and supports continuous improvement efforts.
- Understands client interests and develop approaches to accommodate these concerns in the performance of the work.
- Serves as an overhead transmission line design technical specialist and has knowledge and skillset to provide consultation and guidance to project teams.
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree (Civil, Structural, or Electrical) from an ABET-accredited engineering program.
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a Transmission Line Engineer in consulting or utility environment.
- EIT Certificate with the ability to acquire PE in the near term.
- Proficiency with MS Office Software including WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Proficiency in Power Line Systems Software and other programs, including PLS-CADD, PLS-Tower, PLS-POLE, CAISSON, SAG10, and ArcGIS.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with clients, management, and design team through excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong understanding of project management principles.
- A Professional Engineering License in the US is strongly preferred.
- Experience managing projects.
- A proven ability to work with limited supervision and guidance to execute and meet multiple project commitments.
Job Requisition # 37735
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $90,000 - $125,000 per year.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.