Find your next opportunity.
Usability Researcher III
1 Microsoft Way Redmond, WA 98052 US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Usability Researcher III located in Redmond WA. This is a 6-month contract opportunity with a possibility to extend with our client.
This position is a hybrid opportunity, will need to come into the office to run studies in the lab in certain circumstances.
A user researcher designs and carries out qualitative and quantitative studies to deeply understand the user experience of our in-development products. The specialist translates these data into actionable findings that product teams use to improve the product.
- Confidently demonstrates the ability to communicate with product team stakeholders, locally and remotely, and accurately identify critical research questions to be investigated through strong relationship management practices.
- Confidently demonstrates the ability to consider cost, timeline, and philosophy to determine the appropriate research method to apply to an outstanding research question.
- Designs, forecasts, and conducts user research studies, and acts as the primary communicative.
- liaison between the product team and designated FTE (full time employee) partner.
- Establishes deadlines associated with analyses, reports, presentations, and projects, and works closely with designated FTE (full time employee) partner to ensure timely and polished delivery of responsibilities.
- Effectively assesses when a work item needs to be directly-owned by a User Researcher, and works closely with designated FTE (full time employee) partner to delegate otherwise trainable.
- tasks to another FTE (full time employee) team member(s), based upon competency appropriateness, available staff bandwidth, and priority.
- General knowledge of, and working experience with, human observational research, experimental design, and questionnaire research.
- Must have led major research projects that involved running tests and analyzing data; working in an applied research or product development environment; and, presenting results to critical audiences.
- Must be able to work quickly and independently.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate with, and persuade, varied audiences and argue for results (both orally and in writing) is a plus.
- A BA/BS in Psychology (cognitive, experimental, or social), HCI/HFE, or 5 years of industry experience in Human Factors, or User Research
Job Requisition # 38080
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $56.61 - $61.61 per hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.