Find your next opportunity.
Usability Researcher III
Remote Redmond, WA 98052 US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Usability Researcher III. This is a 5-month contract opportunity with the possibility to extend it with our client.
This position is a remote opportunity.
This role is for a usability researcher who will support evaluative design usability testing pre/post launch for the Viva Insights product which is part of the Viva Employee Experience suite of products. The team also undertakes foundational/generative research and skills in this area would also be a plus. This position will work directly with the UX Design Researcher focused on the Viva Insights product area. The position is located within the Viva Studios Design Studio team, which is part of the Experiences & Devices Engineering Organization.
Our team is largely remote and the expectation is for this role to also be remote based.
- Conduct B2B UX research on one or all of the following types of audiences - individual employees, People leaders (execs, senior leaders, managers), IT Admins/Managers, and HR / Data analysts.
- Work directly with Design and Product Management partners on key priority design projects from early-stage foundational user research to iterative design evaluations.
- Perform ongoing UX Health studies to evaluate if design-built experiences are at the appropriate level for release to engineering.
- Devise and evaluate methods and procedures for collecting data, such as moderated and unmoderated interviews, group discussions, and surveys.
- Derive insights from quantitative and qualitative data, complementing other research that you will conduct on your own or in partnership with other researchers and stakeholders
- Work priorities aligned directly to needs of design team first with guidance from Viva Insights UXR and Principal UXR Manager, in partnership with the Viva Insights Design team.
- 5 Years of Experience in Unmoderated/Moderated User Testing
- 5 Years of Experience in Analysis and Reporting
- 5 Years of Experience in Balancing Multiple Studies
- 5-7 years of hands-on research and/or product planning experience, with demonstrated skill in collecting and analyzing human behavioral data to improve plans and UX in a technology industry setting
- An advanced degree in HCI (human-computer interaction), market research, human factors, psychology, or a related field with a strong emphasis on research techniques and understanding humans / designing technology to meet their needs, or a BA/BS in one of these fields with significant industry experience
- Qualitative early stage foundational research experience to understand and build out user role needs, jobs to be done, and challenges.
- Qualitative evaluative research experience and UX Health research (e.g. Heuristic Reviews, Experience Reviews, iterative Usability testing)
- Business To Business research experience is a key requirement in this role
- You are eager to learn and understand about user audiences, their behaviors, context(s) and motivations – across all phases of the customer lifecycle and user journey
- Can demonstrate strong empathy for these users while balancing the vision and constraints of stakeholders
- Experience working in a fast-paced technology environment that requires independent time management, task prioritization, and flexibility
- Track record of operating independently, embracing ambiguity, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner
- Verbal and written communication skills and good interpersonal partnering skills.
- Experience building strong collaborative relationships with peers and stakeholders
Job Requisition # 38177
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $57.43 - $62.43 per hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.